1. Which is the oldest text on public administration?
B. Aristotle’s politics
D. The Study of Administration.
2. The study of Administration was written by
A. L.D. White
B. Woodrow Wilson
C. F.W. Taylor
D. Herbert A. Simon.
3. In which country was Modern Public Administration was first taught as a part of training course for public officials?
4. The letter ‘CO’ in POSDCORB stands for
5. A piece rate system was based on :
A. A piece rate system
B. Workshop organization Management
C. Wage payment
D. Division of work.
6. The term bureaucracy originated from which country?
7. According to Fayol which one of the following is not the principle of management?
A. Division of Work
B. Authority and responsibility
8. Who are the exponents of the classical theory of organization?
A. March and Simon
B. F.W. Taylor and Henri Fayol
C. Lousis Brandies and f.W. Taylor
D. Luther Gullick and Lyndall Urwick.
9. Who is the regarded as one of the founding father of Human Relations concept?
A. Elton Mayo
B. M. Gross
C. D.S. Pugh
D. Peter F. Drucker.
10. In ancient days, Public Administration limited itself to :
A. Judicial functions
B. Political functions
C. Semi-political functions
D. External functional control.
11. Which of the following is not a characteristic of Formal Organisation?
A. Formal structure
B. Legal status
C. Division of work
D. Forum for socialization
12. Which of the following agency controls the expenditure?
A. Ministry of Finance
B. The Parliament
C. comptroller and Auditor General
D. Administrative Ministry.
13. The term budget is derived from the word ‘Bougette’ which is
A. A Latin Word
B. A French Word
C. A English Word
D. A Spanish Word.
14. In which year the Railway budget was separated from the General budget?
15. Under which Article Number, no taxes shall be levied or collected by authority of law?
A. Article 265
B. Article 117
C. Article 113
D. Article 112
16. Grant for a special purpose forms no part of the current service of any financial year is known as
A. Additional Grant
B. Supplementary Grant
C. Exceptional Grant
D. Token Grant
17. How many members including Chairman is appointed to the France Commission?
18. The conditions of service of members belonging to All India Services are determined by the
A. President of India
B. Constitution of India
C. Union Public Service commission
D. Parliament of India.
19. In which year, the National Academy of Administration was established?
20. Who created the office of a District Collector ?
A. Robert Clive
B. Lord Cornwallis
C. Lord Warren Hastings
D. Lord Macaulay.
21. Which Committee dealt with the issues related to Panchayati Raj for the first time?
A. Santhanam Committee
B. G.V.K. Rao Committee
C. Ashok Mehta Committee
D. Balwant Mehta Committee.
22. Which of the following is the basic territorial unit of administration in India?
23. In which year the office of district collector was created in India?
24. The concept of sustainable Development was advocated first in which Report?
A. World Commission on Environment & Development in our common future in 1987
B. Cairo Report
C. Paris Report
D. Copenhagen Report
25. The term ‘Development Administration’ was coined by
B. U.L. Goswami
C. F.W. Riggs
D. Tarlock Singh.
26. Which of the following is not the provision of Right of Education Act?
A. Right of children to free and compulsory education till the completion of secondary in a neighbourhood school.
B. It makes provision for a non-admitted child to be admitted to an age appropriate to clas.
C. It prohibits physical punishment
D. It prohibits capitation fee.
27. Who is the head of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare at the Union level out of the following?
A. Sushma Swaraj
B. J.P. Nadda
C. Samriti Irani
D. Arun Jaitley.
28. Define Development :
A. Chance + Technology
B. Innovation + Technology
C. Chang + Growth
D. Environment + Development
29. Which of the following is not the Legacy of British Raj?
A. Governance, Rule of Law
B. Civil Services
C. All India Services
D. Creation of a Lower Class.
30. Under which Article of the Constitution has the Union Public Service commission been set up?
31. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy is situated in
32. The Fourteenth Finance Commission has recommended distribution of grants to states for local bodies using 2011 population data on what weightage?
A. 2011 population with weightage of 90 per cent and area with weightage of 10 percent
B. 80% population 20% area
C. 70% population 30% area
D. 50% population 50% area.
33. Who is the 12th Comptroller and Auditor General of India?
A. Vinod Roy
B. Vinod Dua
C. K.C. Pant
D. Shashi Kant Sharma.
34. The main objective of Rural Development programme is
A. To raise economic condition of rural poor
B. To raise social condition of rural poor
C. Both A and B
D. None of the above
35. Talika Panchayat is also known as
A. Panchayat Samiti
B. Panchayat Union
C. Block Panchayat
D. All of the above.
36. Which is not true for Block Development officer?
A. Appointed by the government
B. Working at Taluka or Block level
C. He functions as the leader of Block
D. Elected person by people.
37. NARP is
A. Nutritional and Agricultural Research Programme
B. National Agricultural renovation Project
C. National Agriculture Research Programme
D. None of the above.
38. Who is referred as the first citizen of a city?
B. Deputy Mayor
D. The Mayor.
39. Which body looks after the municipal services in a military area?
A. Panchayat Samiti
B. Zila Parishad
C. Military Council
D. Cantonment Board.
40. By which Constitutional Amendment, the local self-government in urban areas has been recognized?
A. 74th Constitutional Amendment Act (1983)
B. 73rd Constitutional Amendment
C. 71st Constitutional Amendment
D. 72nd Constitutional Amendment
41. POSDORB view of the scope of Public Administration was advocated by:
A. Luther Gullick
B. Elton Mayo
C. F.W. Taylor
D. Max Weber.
42. Which o f the following enjoys the constitutional status?
A. Niti Aayog
B. Zonal Councils
C. Election Commission
D. University Grants Commission
43. The Principle of span of Control Means :
A. An employee should receive orders from one superior only.
B. The number of subordinate’s employees that an administrator can effectively direct
C. The control or supervision of the superior over the subordinates
D. The number of people being controlled.
44. The institution of Lok Pal was created in India in the year
45. Part III of the Indian Constitution deals with
A. Directive Principles of State Policy
B. Centre State Relations
C. Fundamental Right s
D. Fundamental Duties.
46. Article 32 of the Indian Constitution deals with the
A. Right to Freedom
B. Right to Equality
C. Right to Freedom of Religion
D. Right to Constitutional Remedies.
47. How many duties are specified as Fundamental duties in Article 51-A of Part IV A of the constitution of India?
48. How many Fundamental rights have been provided by the Constitution of India to Indian Citizens?
49. Who was the Chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee?
A. Dr. Rajendra Parsad
B. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
C. Sardar Patel
D. Dr. Zakir Hussain.
50. Who amongst the following scholars of Public Administration has been awarded the Noble Prize?
A. Herbert A. Simon
B. F.W. Riggs
C. L.D. White
D. D. Waldo.